Tick here if you would like to subscribe to replies?.

spuds 10:27 AM 24 Jan 13

Since this weekend, and possibly after 'the problems' with the website, I have found that my email box as received a number of 'responses' from posts that I have subscribed to recently.

I have never asked, ticked or requested "Tick here if you would like to subscribe to replies to this question", which is on the various post pages.

Is anyone else noticed this, and having a similar 'notification' issue, or is it just me?.

chub_tor 11:29 AM 24 Jan 13

By default I always get emails from posts that I have initiated and when the first one arrives I then unsuscribe from it, if I don't I keep getting emails until I do. But like you I don't tick the box for posts that others have started.

Are you sure that the emails you are getting are not from posts that you have started?

Chronos the 2nd 11:46 AM 24 Jan 13

I do not get any emails at all from PCA as I registered with a throw away address,As you say far to many problems with this site and I like you was getting far to many emails from here.Hence the change of address.

spuds 12:23 PM 24 Jan 13

I get responses from posts that I have started, and this is easily resolved by ticking the 'resolved box'.

But I have noticed that I am now getting email response messages from posts that I have not requested a notification from, like post's that was running the other day.

I'll just have to monitor this, because as I mentioned, its just started to happen, and I haven't initiated anything?.

Furkin 13:46 PM 24 Jan 13

For many years I have had the opposite. It doesn't matter whether I tick the Tick here box or not - sometimes I get notifications,,,, sometimes I don't.

I have completely rebuilt my machinece since this started, and updated my OS - but its still very hit'n'miss.

Whenever I asked for advice, people just come up with "have you clicked the box ?". When I say I've tried it ticked and unticked, I don't hear any more.

I now just put up with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know