Thunderbirds are go!

ned3110 22:12 14 Apr 08

Can anyone tell me if its possible to set up Thunderbird to automatically send your mail from a specific account, depending on who your sending it to?

For example : I have two email accounts, one for work and one for personal that I use with Thunderbird. But the problem is that When I compose an email and fire it off to someone at work, it gets sent from my personal account because that is my default, and I forget to choose to send it from my work account. Is there anyway to configure it so that if I composed an email for someone at work it would just send it from my work account?

I wish to keep my personal email as my default as I use it far more than my work account.

Hope that is straight forward enough?

brundle 23:04 14 Apr 08

This may or may not help; click here

woodchip 23:06 14 Apr 08

It will always go through your ISP, there is no way of changing that. only way is to use a online service

octal 06:29 15 Apr 08

I don't think there is any way to do that, I usually make sure the account I want to send from is highlighted before click the Send mail button, that insures the information in the top of the email looks like it's coming from that account.

dogbreath1 07:49 15 Apr 08

It's not a pretty solution, but why not use Thunderbird for one set of addressees and an email client such as Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail for the remainder. You could then set the appropriate default account to suit each category of addressees.

There are also hundreds of add ons for Outlook Express which can set custom message rules and similar. It may be worth your while having a trawl through those.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced