Thunderbird won't uninstall

jonmac 08:11 28 May 07

On an XP system I downloaded Thunderbird email last October, tried it out briefly then left it unused 'till now. When I now try to uninstall through control panel nothing happens, the system freezes, Ctrl-Alt-Delete shows Control panel still running but nothing else and I have to switch off and reboot.
What do I do to remedy this situation? Are there any free downloads that might help remove this stubborn software?

Diodorus Siculus 08:18 28 May 07

Try installing it again and then run the uninstaller.

birdface 08:23 28 May 07

I don't suppose it has it's own uninstall in All Programs,Or maybe try and uninstall it in C Cleaner.Open C Cleaner go to tools,And try and delete it from there,Or try this. click here Run it,And if Thunderbird is on it,Delete it,And leave the rest.

jonmac 08:52 28 May 07

Thanks to both for responding
Diodorus Siculus - Thanks that did the trick

cocteau48 08:58 28 May 07

The recommended way to delete Thunderbird is just to delete the folder in Program Files.
That was the instruction given to me on the Mozilla forum - and it works!

jonmac 23:08 28 May 07

Thanks from you too cocteau48. Problem solved

Diodorus Siculus 23:16 28 May 07

"The recommended way to delete Thunderbird is just to delete the folder in Program Files."

But what happens to registry entries, etc?

Cheers.

ashdav 00:30 29 May 07

Run ccleaner click here
Mozilla applications Firefox,Thunderbird,Mozilla Suite are very user friendly and safe to use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced