Thunderbird wont open....Help!!!

geoff47 21:48 26 Jan 05

I have been using Thunderbird for several weeks without problems.
Today it just wont appears to be running when using Ctrl Alt Delete....yet it wont close when I select it to.....yet it wont open.
Any ideas?

octal 22:10 26 Jan 05

Try re-installing it, it may have got corrupted.

geoff47 23:45 26 Jan 05

I did that.......
The irony is that I have gone to a dedicated Thunderbird forum but it needs Email verification and I cant get Emails at the moment.
Will try again to reinstall.
Thanks for the input though.

octal 06:48 27 Jan 05

Typical :-)

I have a couple of web based email servers for that reason, I use Lycos which doesn't seem to have attracted spam over seven years I've had it.

Sorry I've no other ideas at the moment, but this will put your thread at the top of the pile for the morning shift, good luck.

O'D 12:33 27 Jan 05

i dont use thunderbird for the same reason, i really didnt like it, so i went back to Incredmail

Good luck :)

geoff47 12:39 27 Jan 05

I have been clearing up with Regcleaner or perhaps Easycleaner and had moved items to recycle bin...luckily enough I had not cleared them.
I looked through them and discovered that some were for Thunderbird and restored all is fine.
A lesson well learned.

Chezdez 12:41 27 Jan 05

incredi mail??? how dare you!!!!

personally, i'd advise going (back?) to outlook, never had a problem with it (except those caused by myself!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…