Thunderbird on win7, no sent box

bumpkin 22:25 18 Sep 13
Answered

Using Thunderbird for email. When I use XP I get Inbox, Draughts, Sent, Archives, Trash under my Name.

When I use Thunderbird in W7 I only get Inbox, Trash, Outbox. No "sent" unless it is hidden somewhere.

Means I do not know whether something has been sent or not.

Any advice please.

caccy 13:42 19 Sep 13

Go to "TOOLS", Account Settings, Select the account you want to change ([email protected]) select :- Copies and Folders. In Copies and Folders you designate exactly where you want messages to be placed.

bumpkin 14:26 19 Sep 13

Thanks caccy, I have it set to put a copy in the sent folder but I can't find the "Sent folder" to see what is in it. I would expect it to be listed with inbox/outbox etc as it is if I use XP.

Jollyjohn 16:07 19 Sep 13

Under VIEW, look at FOLDERS and ensure ALL is selected.

I will try adding a new account in the morning to try and recreate this issue. ( I am off to work now) and come back with a better solution if above does not fix it.

bumpkin 17:15 19 Sep 13

Thanks Jollyjohn, ALL is selected but no sent box showing.

bumpkin 20:29 19 Sep 13
Answer

When I try to send an Email it says failed to send message to sent folder. I don't know whether or not it has been sent to the intended recipitent.

Before I try re-installing Thunderbird can anyone tell me where the sent folder is or should be. I would expect it to be listed with inbox/outbox.

alanrwood 12:41 20 Sep 13

All the folders are located in your T/B Profile folder. Your problem would seem to be that the sent box has been deleted somehow. I thought it was one of the folders that can't be deleted from within T/B so how it happened I can't say (If indeed that is the reason)

bumpkin 13:20 20 Sep 13

Thanks alanrwood,

I don't know if it was deleted or hidden somewhere. Re-instal fixed it which I probably should have done in the first place just thought I may have missed something obvious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…