Thunderbird vs Outlook vs OE

€dstowe 08:49 05 Mar 07

I currently use Outlook as my email program with a couple of machines on OE. The emailer is the only part of Outlook that I use.

In my next round of new computers, I am strongly tempted to move away from MS Office therefore no Outlook (unless I buy as a standalone).

Before I take the plunge, does anyone have any comments, good or bad, about Thunderbird as a replacement for Outlook Express or the email options of Outlook?

Kate B 09:02 05 Mar 07

I've used Thunderbird - it's very nice and there are lots of extensions and themes you can use to personalise it. However, I also found it quite slow - though that might have been fixed by the open-source community.

I'm an Outlook fan, though.

€dstowe 14:50 05 Mar 07

Thanks, Kate.

No-one else?

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:54 05 Mar 07

prefer Outlook as it has a calendar but at the end of the day they are all the same. If you are moving from Office I would use whatever email client is free especially as you do not need the calendar. having said that they are all the same I have been using The Bat on trial and am very impressed with it..... click here

G

Stuartli 14:59 05 Mar 07

Office is a business orientated e-mail client - Outlook Express and Thunderbird are both excellent, but the latter doesn't require the constant security etc updating of OE.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:02 05 Mar 07

I have yet to meet anyone who has had a virus through 'security compromises' in Outlook.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…