Thunderbird - use different profile/local folders

Ben 216 01:22 20 Apr 07

Hi, I have resently upgraded to Vista and have set my PC up to dual boot XP/Vista from two separate hard drives. Now I'm trying to set Mozilla Thunderbird up.

My original profile is on my XP installation (shown as F:\ in Vista), I have copied the whole Thunderbird folder to my Vista install and the settings and email have copied no problem.

What I want to do is leave TB as it is on my XP install, and tell TB on my Vista install to either use the profile located on my XP drive, or put all sent/recieved emails into one local folder file so that I can access them from either windows installation.

I have tried editing the Vista profiles.ini to point TB to the profile on the XP drive, which results in the 'locked/in use' error message, so I changed it back.

I have also tried just pointing TB to the Local Folder stored on the XP install through the Accounts Settings in TB. I can open TB, my IMAP folder works ok, but the pop3 folders won't load and I get the egg timer (spinning circle) indefinately.

Both TB unstalls are the same version, I've tried with V1.5 and have just upgraded to V2, but it's not solved my problem.

Can anyone help? I've spend hours trying to get this working, am I missing something?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5