Thunderbird - Supanet

Furkin 18:37 PM 12 Sep 11

Since upgrading to W7, I have had to forego my old fave Outlook Express. I've asked on here before about what might be a good replacemnt & tried a few of the suggestions. My main email addresses are in Supanet, which I used to run through my B.T Broadband via OE.

I'm currently trying Thunderbird, & thought I was getting on well with it. I have added addresses from Hot / Gmail / Mail etc,,,, but their system dosn't seem to recognise Supanet.

Has anyone on these pages used Supanet via Thunderbird please ?

If not, is there a similar item that does take Supanet addresses, as close to Outlook Express as possible ?

Sea Urchin 18:53 PM 12 Sep 11

No reason why it shouldn't work with Supanet - are you using the correct server settings?

Incoming Mail server:

Outgoing Mail server:

Hotmail and Gmail etc will need special settings - but they should all be the same as they were on Outlook Express.

Furkin 21:10 PM 12 Sep 11

I didn't use Hot or G when I had O.E. I had all I needed.

I've only started using them - tentatively – whilst trying to sort out Supanet.

Thunderbird has an ‘auto set-up’ routine. It managed the Hot & G no probs. It won’t take Supanet. I’ve also tried ‘Manual Config’, changing server details, ports, authentications etc.

It always comes up with “Thunderbird failed to find settings for your e-mail account”.

Have tried googling & it seems that it does have niggles with Supanet, but nothing that I can find to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…