Thunderbird set up problems- I'm thundering a bit

hatrickj 18:22 05 Dec 05

Presently I am using OEx as my email client, but, having heard the praises of Thunderbird, I am trying to set it up on my computer. However I am encountering problems. I am with plusnet that allows me unlimited accounts/identities (?) in the forms say of “fred@[email protected]” or “[email protected]” and so on. Each of the accounts/identities has the same user name and password with the ISP.

The problem I encounter is this: when I am asked to enter the user name provided by my ISP and attempt to enter my user name (stupid in the examples above) I am told to enter another one. How to I get round the impasse, as I both want to sort my incoming mail in to separate folders and also sent out mail as from different persons.

I am tearing my hair out and am wondering if Thunderbird may be the bees’ knees as claimed, but would like to give it a fair trial. I will bear the embarrassment if it is something daft that I am doing to cause the problem.

Stuartli 18:24 05 Dec 05

Go to Thunderbird's Tools>Import and import your OE settings into Thunderbird.

hatrickj 18:37 05 Dec 05

That's what I did at the outset but it brought across only the first (in alphabetical order).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017