Thunderbird set up problems- I'm thundering a bit

hatrickj 18:22 05 Dec 05

Presently I am using OEx as my email client, but, having heard the praises of Thunderbird, I am trying to set it up on my computer. However I am encountering problems. I am with plusnet that allows me unlimited accounts/identities (?) in the forms say of “fred@[email protected]” or “[email protected]” and so on. Each of the accounts/identities has the same user name and password with the ISP.

The problem I encounter is this: when I am asked to enter the user name provided by my ISP and attempt to enter my user name (stupid in the examples above) I am told to enter another one. How to I get round the impasse, as I both want to sort my incoming mail in to separate folders and also sent out mail as from different persons.

I am tearing my hair out and am wondering if Thunderbird may be the bees’ knees as claimed, but would like to give it a fair trial. I will bear the embarrassment if it is something daft that I am doing to cause the problem.

Stuartli 18:24 05 Dec 05

Go to Thunderbird's Tools>Import and import your OE settings into Thunderbird.

hatrickj 18:37 05 Dec 05

That's what I did at the outset but it brought across only the first (in alphabetical order).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…