Thunderbird pt 2

raziel08 16:25 31 May 09

yesterday a few of you helped me to set up my email to work with thunderbird. Today i have been doing a few tests to ensure that it all works and i hit a problem. It is not longer receiving emails from my hotmail account. This is how i have it set up.

one hotmail account that i use for resons such as job applications has its emails forwarded to my main hotmail account. I then have an google mail address that i set up yesterday which is supposed to retieve emails from my main hotmail account and my aol account. these are then supposed to be retievable via thunderbird which gets emails from my google account.

however it doesn't seem to be getting emails from either account. The only change that i have made is to put my contacts into thunderbird.

can anyone help? is there any legit add ons for thunderbird which can get my hotmail emails?

brundle 19:00 31 May 09

click here

I realise people have mentioned pop3 access for Hotmail, but the above extension has never failed me yet.

raziel08 20:41 31 May 09

thanks for that brundle. i will give it a go then let you know. so this will allow me to get my hotmail email via thunderbird?

Stuartli 20:45 31 May 09
  raziel08 20:59 31 May 09

hi i have installed both of those components and set up the account like i did before but i don't know what the server settings for hotmail are.

Stuartli 21:12 31 May 09

Well there's enough information around to make the job seemingly straightforward...:-)

click here

click here

click here (if appropriate)

raziel08 21:47 31 May 09

thank you for those links stuartli, the third one worked. never thought i'd get this sorted. never used anything like this before but found it a pain having to check in constantly to see if i had any email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac