Thunderbird problem with uninstall.

cocteau48 14:46 13 Apr 07

Having encountered a minor email problem in that some recipients are unable to open links sent to them,I thought I would try to uninstall and reinstall T'bird as a starting point. I find that T'bird will not uninstall. I have tried its own uninstall facility/Add remove progs in control panel/the uninstall facility in CCleaner and also the Myuninstaller dedicated removal prog.
None will shift it - any ideas please.
Any thought on why email recipients are unable to open pics and/or links sent to them would also be appreciated

Technotiger 17:33 13 Apr 07

Hi, I would have suggested CCleaner but I see you have already used that. What about a System Restore back to before you had any problems or even back to before you installed t'bird. Then use a different email program.

Technotiger 17:34 13 Apr 07

or - re-install T'bird and then try the un-install again.

cocteau48 19:17 13 Apr 07

Thanks Technotiger.
Have tried the reinstall and uninstall route with no improvement.
Posted the same query on the relevant Mozilla forum and the official answer is - wait for it !
"Just delete the Thunderbird folder from the Programs folder"
How scary is that!!!?

Re: recipients not being able to open pics or links I have found that this does not apply to all recipients so I guess the prob is at their end and not mine.
What I will try is using OE for those who appear to be having probs and see if that helps.

Technotiger 19:31 13 Apr 07

Right - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…