thunderbird problem.

kimtrnc 05:33 26 Jan 10

just moved to 7, so had to say goodbye to good old Outlook Express.
Have imported all my contacts into TB, and when I start a new mail, they appear in a side panel. But there doesn't seem to be any way to move them into the email itself, except copy and paste.
System shows all possible destinations, (T0 BCC etc) but doesn't actually trasfer them.
Comparatively minor probem, but irritating!
TIA
Kimig

southhead 07:41 26 Jan 10

It doesn’t help solve your problem, but just to let you know that the ‘Add to TO’ etc buttons DO work in my TB. Right clicking the contact also gives the same choices.

orsta 12:34 26 Jan 10

I just double click on an address book entry. That always works for me.

c

kimtrnc 04:52 27 Jan 10

Yes folks, but that is the whole point - at present TB will ONLY drag and drop, or click, on answers to incoming mails.
I am wondering iof it might be to do with the fact that i am using my gmail incoming, rather than TB' default folders which I deleted after transferring all my own folders from oe?

octal 06:11 27 Jan 10

I don't think Googlemail has anything to do with it as I use one of my Googlemail accounts as the default email, in fact I've got two Googlemail, three NTL and one Yahoo account and it all works perfectly well.

I'm not sure what you mean be Thunderbird default folders? If it's the Local Folders then I still have got them installed, but don't use them, it might be worth reinstalling Thunderbird to see if that is the problem or not. You may have to delete the Profile folder so that you start afresh because that is where all your emails, address book and settings are stored, if you delete it, Thunderbird will make another one when you reinstall it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…