Thunderbird Problem

whiskey8 05:55 24 Mar 07

Downloaded thunderbird, but will not operate.
Message appears, cannot find server.
Please could someone run through this with me, as far as I am aware I have tried different sequences but still no luck.

Bill Baker 07:12 24 Mar 07

Have you entered all your email account details, username and passwod etc?

jack 08:29 24 Mar 07

If you all ready using e-mail via another client
lets say OutLook Express-
The installing Thunderbird automatically 'nicks' Outlooks setting and there should be nothing more for you to do.
You said - you have 'Downloaded' Thunderbird.
But have you installed it?
Try the download again and tick the download box- save to disk.
This places an icon on the desktop
Then double click the icon and the program will unpack and install in the normal way

cocteau48 08:32 24 Mar 07

Had much trouble setting up T'bird myself. Went onto the T'bird forum and their advice was to set up your details in OE and then import them into T'bird - it worked too - whereas entering the exact same details into T'bird direct would not work.

jack 11:46 24 Mar 07

One more thought- I observed this problem on a friends machine a while ago
I tutned out he was still using MS Explorer as a browser.
Thunderbird I think only works via Fire Fox.

whiskey8 20:17 27 Mar 07

Sorry I havn't got back to you guys, but I am still having problems, I am using Outlook Express but use Thunderbird at work, and would like to keep the same.
Using XP SP2, HELP PLEASE

whiskey8 20:20 27 Mar 07

Sorry I havn't got back to you guys, but I am still having problems, I am using Outlook Express but use Thunderbird at work, and would like to keep the same.
Using XP SP2, tried putting in username etc.
HELP PLEASE

jack 10:21 28 Mar 07

Are you using FireFox as your browser?

I suspect as mentioned earlier Thunderbird is part of of the Moziila suite as is FireFox and it wont work in isolation.
If you have not got FireFox in - Install it and see

Belatucadrus 11:33 28 Mar 07

While both produced by Mozilla, Firefox and Thunderbird are completely separate applications and are in no way dependant on each other to function.

whiskey8 have you tried opening Thunderbird then going :- Tools / Import, Settings Next>> If the set-up routine hasn't already copied your OE account settings, that should do it.

iscanut2 11:35 28 Mar 07

Try setting up your email accounts with IMAP format rather than POP3. This is what I had to do to get it to work with my ISP.

iscanut2 11:37 28 Mar 07

PS Should have given you this link to look at.....click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…