Thunderbird and OE unable to connect to the net.

Daibus 17:35 24 May 06

Just trying out a new laptop which is connected to the Internet via WiFi but in spite of the fact that my ADSL internet connection is fine, Outlook Express, Thunderbird and Mailwasher will not connect to the net at all, in spite of the fact that I`ve checked my mail and connection settings on the Laptop with my Desktop, which does not have a similar problem.

Help will be more than gratefully accepted.

octal 18:17 24 May 06

Have you checked the firewall settings are not blocking port 110 for receiving and port 25 for sending.

Daibus 19:47 24 May 06

You are a genius - this Asus Laptop I´m trying out had Norton Internet Security installed on it and I thought I would leave it on in case I wanted to return the PC.

I`ve now deleted the said prog and installed Avast instead which I`ve been using for some time on my Desktop with no worries. All my mail software is now connecting immediately - thanks to you.

I do appreciate it and also PCA has come up trumps again.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…