Thunderbird - more secure than OE?

sjbell 11:30 01 Jan 05

I know Firefox is more secure than Internet Explorer, I was wondering if Thunderbird is considered more secure than Outlook Express? I have tried TB but can’t seem to get to grips with it. I do have OE set up to send and read all messages in plain text to increase security. Any comments would be appreciated. Happy New Year!

Stuartli 11:55 01 Jan 05

In a simple word. Yes.

There is more than sufficient guidance in Mozilla's FAQ section on both Firefox and Thunderbird to help you configure both; the links should be provided automatically in your bookmarks.

Since installing TB and Firefox several weeks ago Ad-aware SE Personal, Search and Destroy and SpywareBlaster have become virtually redundant.

LastChip 12:04 01 Jan 05

Get Firefox and have a Happy New Year!

sjbell 12:12 01 Jan 05

Thanks both. I am already running Firefox, perhaps I will give Thunderbird another go.

woodchip 12:20 01 Jan 05

Just go into the Menu and set up your accounts, Prefs are under Edit

Stuartli 12:21 01 Jan 05

sjbell already has Firefox - the question relates to Thunderbird...:-)

Stuartli 12:25 01 Jan 05

Your OE accounts are automatically imported into Thunderbird when you install it if you wish or you can do it afterwards via Tools>Import; you can import the Address Book, Mail etc in one go or individually as you require.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…