Thunderbird loading made faster?

micklemouse 19:07 22 Jan 05

Am I mistaken or did I recently see in here someone asking how to speed up the loading of Thunderbird from the desktop? Only I would like to make mine quicker too

micklemouse 10:18 23 Jan 05

had anyone noticed me please?

Stuartli 10:35 23 Jan 05

Thunderbird loads up very quickly just from Quick Launch.

Just a tip for anyone who sets Thunderbird to check for messages every x or xx minutes - if you are offline and TB is open, it goes online automatically to do so. Best to disable the feature if you don't want or require it.

Could be a nuisance for those who, like me, have dialup and originally missed the occasional anticipated voice call as a result. I'd enabled it as it had been used successfully with OE.

LeadingMNMs 10:39 23 Jan 05

There was an extension that allows both Firefox and Thunderbird to be minimised to the system tray, although this extension does not appear on the offical mozilla sites.

I did try the extension but it required a .dll file to be installed and it didn't work for me. Though I'm sure if I'd tried a little longer it would have worked.

LeadingMNMs 10:40 23 Jan 05

This was the link provided click here

micklemouse 13:13 23 Jan 05

I guess I must have dreamt it but I seem to remember the advice was to right click on icon, go to Properties and type 'prefetch1' on the end of the Target.

I do click on the quick launch but that is slow too. Maybe my computer is just slow.

Regards Micklemouse

Stuartli 17:53 23 Jan 05

Prefetch is part of the Windows operating system in which it tries to preload programs before you are ready to use them....:-)

Try this tip to clean out Prefetch and speed it up again:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos