Thunderbird Help needed please

golfpro 14:24 20 Dec 06

I have just downloaded the new FireFox 2, I like it better than the old versions and will keep it I think.
I am now considering Thunderbird in place of Outlook Express for my emails. How easy is this to set up, (I currently have a pop mail set up with Yahoo), and will it integrate with Mailwasher pro OK.
I would like your help before I take the plunge.

Also is there a way of getting rid of IE from the desk top?

brundle 14:27 20 Dec 06

Very easy - it will import your messages and address book upon installation, Mailwasher will be virtually redundant; Thunderbird's built in spam filter is excellent.
If you are using XP, Control Panel/Display, select the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop, untick Internet Explorer.

brundle 14:29 20 Dec 06

If you still prefer to use Mailwasher just run it before you use Thunderbird - uncheck the `run default mail program after processing` option in Mailwasher if you keep OE as your default until you have decided which to keep, then load Thunderbird manually.

Stuartli 15:02 20 Dec 06

If you mean the IE shortcut, just right click on the icon>Delete.

The program will still be available.

golfpro 17:35 20 Dec 06

Thanks a lot for the replies, Trouble is I have already paid for MW pro. Oh well!!

golfpro 07:40 21 Dec 06

Well I downloaded Thunderbird, but have had to switch back to OE. All day yesterday I had problems trying to discover why sent and return emails where not going through. After checking Yahoo this morning, I found that Thunderbird is not compatible with yahoo pop mail, unless you want to muck around with changing SMTP settings etc etc which could muck up the whole email program, so I'm not about to do that.
However after reviewing TB for a couple of hours, I find that I did not like it anyway, its too messy, I like just a nice clean sheet to work on, OE gives me this.

Stuartli 08:31 21 Dec 06

Did you actually read and follow the instructions on how to setup Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail etc configuration?

See:

click here

golfpro 13:51 21 Dec 06

Stuartli.
No I must admit I didn't but I have bookmarked it and will read more.
Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009