Thunderbird- Forwarding e-mails

Noels 19:48 19 Mar 05

How do I forward e-mails from friends to other friends without showing the original Source, date and other details of the originator. I have a wide circle friends who pass around jokes etc but never think it wise to pass on e-mail addresses from one friend to others who are not known to each other. When I save e-mails etc the originators address is also saved and I can't erase this address before forwarding the e-mail. There must be an easy way. Any ideas appreciated please.

Regards Noels

Stuartli 20:03 19 Mar 05

If you hit Reply and then highlight all text and/or items in the e-mail you wish to remove before pressing Delete, you should have no problem.

Noels 20:19 19 Mar 05

Yes thanks for that. It works but what I was doing was to click "Forward" and not "Reply" in which case it seems impossible to remove the originators details that appear at the top of the text in a red box. I will tick resolved thanks for your help

Regards Noels

Stuartli 10:16 20 Mar 05

There's one thing I forgot...:-(

If you go to Tools>Accounts>Composition and Addressing you can configure whether to include the original message or not when Replying.

However, I'm not sure if this also applies to Forward.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…