Thunderbird email client

pppc 18:18 18 Apr 05

Anyone know anything about thunderbird??

I am trying it and it seemed very satisfactory, but noting nothing received for a while I sent myself a test message. The message sat with my ISP (Demon) for some hours - I checked with web mail. I have now opened Outlook express and the message was downloaded immediately.

Thunderbird is selected as my default email client; I have it set to check for messages every ten minutes (I have always on broadband); I checked for new messages manually several times. A number of emails were received yesterday.

I hope to be notified of responses to this via Thunderbird, but I will check with Outlook express ev ery few hours.

If any has experience of Thunderbird I'd be interested to hear what they think of it.

PeterC

pppc 18:24 18 Apr 05

I should have said I am running Windows 98SE. (It will be interesting to see if this response isd detected by thunderbird)
PeterC

jon2 18:31 18 Apr 05

I have run Thunderbird for some time now and have never had any trouble, I have also got rid of a lot of spam since I started to use it, I also use Firefox, and once again its been great, hardly any spyware and no popups.I run Win XP

rubella 19:21 18 Apr 05

Working well for me as one of three.

maveric 19:45 18 Apr 05

I use thunderbird and firefox and would not go back to oe and ie. Had very few problems. Always been sorted here or on the mozilla help sites.

pppc 19:51 18 Apr 05

Anyone want to kick me - I had mispelt my user name!!!! Receiving mail quite happily now. (Though how it was not detected when I installed/set up the program I know not).

Thank you for the encouraging comments. I am using Firefox too and at the moment I think both are magic.

Apologies for taking up people's time/

PeterC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac