thunderbird email.

ruskle 20:31 12 Nov 10

I have just changed my Broadband provider to BT and was told by learned people on this forum that my old Lineone dial up email address would work OK.
I was with Tiscali after they took over Lineone but although I got a new broadband account I kept the old dial in email which worked fine since 2000.
Now I am using BT I cannot seem to get my Lineone emails to send and receive, I had been using windows Live mail in Win7 but after having no luck setting up my Lineone account with it I have downloaded Thunderbird. I still cannot get th emails to work and since I have had an email address with Lineone for 13 years everbody on my contact list knows it and I ma reluctant to use a new BT name even though it is the same as Lineone except for ending in btinternet.
How can I set up the Lineone account using Thunderbird via BT.
Please help.
Thanks,
Ruskle.

northumbria61 22:21 12 Nov 10

See here click here

Ashrich 23:13 12 Nov 10

Try using the lineone server settings for pop3 and the btinternet settings for smtp , and have the reply address in the account set to the lineone address , BT may not be happy with you sending emails through their servers with a different smtp name . Make sure you are using the correct pop3(probably 25) and smtp port (465) numbers

Ashley

Ashrich 23:23 12 Nov 10

Apparently , you can also use a virgin smtp setting , at least that is what has happened click here , read down to the last post .

Ashley

ruskle 21:07 14 Nov 10

Well after all that is was so simple, I just went to Yahoo Mail, which I believe is BT, and followed the instructions, if I hadn't been using Win7 it would have done it for me.

Thanks for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now