Thunderbird connection refused

Billawa 12:28 21 Oct 05

I setting up a new computer, have loaded Firefox and Thunderbird and am presently using dial-up to access the Web. The connection via Firefox works OK and browsing is no problem. However, when I then start Thunderbird I get a message saying that the connection was refused.

I have my original computer still connected and have cross checked the connection details for both Firefox and Thunderbird on both computers. As far as I can see the details are identical. Both FF and TB are set as default systems. I can, however, use Outlook Express and get my e-mails on the new computer.

Any suggestions as to what is happening and how to rectify the situation? Windows XP with SP2 is the operating system on both computers

Stuartli 12:50 21 Oct 05

Have you checked Accounts settings and, from the Advanced tab, that Direct Connection to the Internet is Enabled in Connection Settings?

vinnyT 14:47 21 Oct 05

Firewall maybe?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…