Thunderbird? cannot view or save attachments

Hi guys,
I use thunderbird along with firefox, but cannot view attachments in my emails. Doesn#t matter what type of file, I am unable to view or even save to or detach. I have to resort to downloading again to my outlook express inbox and opening in there?? I tried running oe with firefox but could conflicted so tried thunderbird, but have this attachment problem. Any info would be of use. I have tried the forums on mozilla website but no one seems to have the same problem??

DieSse 23:15 30 Jun 06

*I tried running oe with firefox but could conflicted*

It doesn't conflict - they'll run quite happily together.

-----------------------------------------------

*cannot view attachments in my emails*

What actually happens when you double-click an attachment in Thunderbird?

They may well run happily together except the problem with oe and firefox I have is, any hyperlink in an email in oe links to my C:\ documents and settings folder?? so I tried thunderbird which is fine until I try and open an attachment, on double clicking nothing happens. I have tried saving to file or detaching but i receive a dialogue stating.. "unable to save attachment please check file name and try again later"?? It will only offer me all files as the file type to save to.

DieSse 12:07 01 Jul 06

Attchments not opening correctly on OE - suspect a pop-up stopper or anti-spam program. If you have one, try disbling it first - then try uninstalling it.

It's just possible it could be affecting TBird too, but could find no reports of this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…