Thunderbird backup

Belfix 09:03 25 Feb 09

I wish to backup my address book and emails using a 3rd party backup program. Can anyone tell me what name the address book goes under, likewise the email folders, awhere they are?
regards

ashdav 09:28 25 Feb 09

Use this click here
Does it all for you

cocteau48 09:35 25 Feb 09

ashdav's suggestion would also be my first choice but if you require more flexibility in accessing your backed up information then this is a possibility:click here

tims31 11:16 25 Feb 09

All of you mail and address book etc are stored in a default folder under you profile.

If you look in (if I can remember off the top of my head) c:/documents and settings/username/application data/thunderbird/profiles/*******.default

In the profiles folder there should be a file which details what your user profile is. I think it is an .ini file type. Open that in notepad and that will tell you what the *******.deault is. It is normally a bunch of letters and numbers which relate to your default profile. All you need to do is make a backup copy of the default profile and that should save all the emails and adddress'.

If you look in the Thunderbird help file it does detail how to backup your thunderbird profile. It's best to have a look at that as I am doing this off of the top of my head from a work computer.

Belfix 13:45 27 Feb 09

Thanks for the advice given...all of use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…