Thunderbird - background checking for new mail?

Dorsai 18:05 02 Oct 04

I have just got the above, Mozilla Thunderbird, following a major crash caused by, i believe, by my last e-mail prog.

I like it, and if it is a good as firebird, will keep it, but wonder, is there a way to get it to check for new mail withoug actually having to launch it fully? The last one i used, incredimail, had the ability to run in tha back-ground and tell you if you had new mail. Then if you did, you could launch it in full.

JayDay 20:10 02 Oct 04

Look at my previous thread click here

Dorsai 20:21 02 Oct 04

That is exactly what i want. How do i go about getting it though? I can't see a 'download' button.

JayDay 20:35 02 Oct 04

Get it here click here

It's a bit fiddly, follow these instructions. Any problems get in touch.

(For Thunderbird users, right mouse click on the above link, select "Save Link As", and save the link to your computer. Then, in Thunderbird's extensions, click on "Install" and locate the .xpi file.)

Before installing MinimizeToTray, the file msvcr71.dll MUST exist in either your Windows system directory or your application path directory. If this file does not reside in one of these two locations, this extension will not work. If you do not have this file, or you aren't sure, you can download msvcr71.dll here: click here.
(The .dll file does not need to be registered, it only needs to reside in one of the locations already mentioned.)

The windows system directory for Windows XP/2000/NT is usually located at C:\Windows\System32\ or C:\WINNT\System32\. For Windows ME/98/95, this is usually C:\Windows\System\. Alternatively, this file may be placed in the same folder as your Mozilla-based application (Firefox, Thunderbird, Mozilla Suite, etc.). Common locations for the application path are C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ and C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\.

Dorsai 09:56 03 Oct 04

Installed. Works a treat.

Thanks JayDee

woodt 10:35 03 Oct 04

Thanks JayDee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…