Thunderbird Address Bk - Can I save it to a CD?

AngeTheHippy 13:27 04 Jun 06

Hi Chaps,
My desktop needs a damn good clean out - probably end up doing a fresh format of HDD. Anyway, thing is, I use Thunderburd as my mail client - no problems there, but as the address book is rather large I wand to save it to a CD for safekeeping. I can't figure out how to do this, and there is nought on the T'bird help page about it either. Please, if you know the answer, let me know!!

Cheers
AngeTheHippy
xx

VoG II 13:29 04 Jun 06
  AngeTheHippy 15:45 04 Jun 06

many thanks for your reply. I've looked at the page you suggest....I think I'm havin one of those senior moments .... or maybe it was the wine I had with dinner!! Can't seem to make head nor tail of the instructions!! I've managed to save an abook.mab file from Thunderbird (it's 91kb) but don't know whether it holds all the addresses or not! Whadayathink??

AngeTheHippy
xx

Clint2 16:07 04 Jun 06

a prog click here that will back up all your T/bird settings including address books. Further, if you use Firefox, it will save settings for that as well.

If you do a reinstall, you will have to save the prog and the settings file elswhere in order to restore.

AngeTheHippy 18:20 04 Jun 06

thanks very much clint2, handy bit of s/w! I've copied the s/w and the backed up info from T/bird onto my laptop (T/bird had far fewer addresses than on desktop) - and it's worked fine! Answer to my problems me thinks... 8-D

AngeTheHippy
xxx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5