Thunderbird

Andsome 08:31 09 Apr 09

I have always been a fan of I.E., but I.E.8 is so slow on my computer that I have been trying FF. This is better than I.E.8 but no where near as fast as I.E.7. However, my real complaint is with Thunder bird. I cannot scroll down e mails because the Backwards and Forwards buttons are greyed out. This means that I need to close on e mail before I can see the next one. I looked in VIEW/TOOL BARS/CUSTOMISE, and found a couple of buttons labelled Previous and Next. When added to the tool bar these allow me to scroll down NEW e mails, but if I want to scroll down already viewed e mails this is not possible. There were no such problems in Outlook Express. Any ideas please?

Batch 09:29 09 Apr 09

Why can't you stick with OE whilst still using FF?

Andsome 09:33 09 Apr 09

I can, but like to have things tidy. I have still not made up my mind about FF. I am still hoping that IE 8 will be improved as IE 7 was so much better on my computer than either IE8 or FF.

DieSse 12:11 09 Apr 09

The Backwards and Forwards button do not scroll - they go back and forth to the previously viewed email.

If you want to scroll you can do so with the arrow buttons on the keyboard.

"....like to have things tidy"

Sorry but I don't quite see what that has to do with which programs you use for two disparate functions - email and browsing.

Andsome 13:00 09 Apr 09

The backward and forward buttons are greyed out as stated, so I cannot go from one e mail to the other without closing the first one.

DieSse 13:02 09 Apr 09

"I cannot go from one e mail to the other without closing the first one."

Are you not viewing them in the viewing pane? Are you actually opening each one?

DieSse 13:04 09 Apr 09

The Back and Forward buttons only seem to apply to the viewing pane - they have no function when the email is opened.

Why do you open them, rather than simply view in the viewing pane?

Andsome 13:47 09 Apr 09

When I have an e mail open and have read it I don't want to have to close it before opening the next one. In Outlook express I can just select Previous or next. I have now found out how to speed up IE 8, and will probably revert to Outlook Express and IE.

Andsome 08:10 10 Apr 09

Now back on using Outlook Express and IE 8. Thanks for all the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac