Thunderbird

pody 17:48 03 Jan 08

I recently asked for help in saving the address book and inbox in thunderbird, I was advised to use Mozbackup which moved them to another drive and I then copied them to a Dvd until after I had reinstalled windows. I then copied them back to my computer but they don't seem as if they will open and reinstall. When I try to open them I get the option to open with or save to disc. Any thoughts.
thanks
podi

octal 18:45 03 Jan 08

What happens when you open Thunderbird and go to Tools>Import and follow the wizards?

cocteau48 19:11 03 Jan 08

Did you use the restore profile facility from within Mozbackup. I have never seen the option to open or save to disk. Mozbackup restores them straight back into Thunderbird.

pody 11:51 04 Jan 08

Thanks lads
When I backup the two files I copied them to my F drive, when I try to open them using the import tool it opens a box that lists EDURA, Outlook and Outlook Express. When I go to the folder where they are saved it does not recognise the file ext.
As I said if I try to open them from where they are I get a box which says "what do you want firefox to do with this file, save to disc or open"
Do you think I should down load the Mozbackup again.
Thanks for you assisstance
podi

DieSse 11:57 04 Jan 08

As above - It's Mozbackup that also does the restore. You don't do it manually.

So yes you need Mozbackup.

octal 12:12 04 Jan 08

I must admit I never use Mozbackup, I just save the complete thunderbird profile folder and reload back if and when I need it, it seemed the most logical thing to do and I have done that several times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…