Thunderbird

acca 19:59 13 Mar 06

I have just installed TB having used OE for many years. I note that with OE you have the option of hanging up the connection after receiving or sending mail. Is there such a facility with TB and if so have do I activate it?

bythor 20:19 13 Mar 06

Acca
Thunderbird doesn't have an auto disconnect feature. Sorry - probably the only down side to TB you'll come across!!

bythor 21:10 13 Mar 06

Acca
I've been using TB for a couple of years now, but today have upgraded to version 1.5
I see this new version has a button in the lower left hand corner, and it offers to disconnect. Maybe you could use this? I can't tell as I'm on bband and don't want to disconnect. Let me know if it does what you need.
Bythor

acca 21:32 13 Mar 06

Thanks bythor

No it does not resolve the problem. The button merely asks if you want to download messages for offline use before you go off line. You are still left with clicking the TV sets to disconnect. I suppose it is a small price to pay. I will have to train myself to disconnect manually each time.

Thanks for your input. I will tick this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…