Thunderbird.....................

toni b 17:33 06 Jan 05

Ok I have never found the need to use a mail client before but since using Firefox I was curious as to what what thunderbird was.Now after using it for a few days I would like to configure it a little better this is were I require help. I use several based free emails accounts such as yahoo hotmail and now gmail. I have found that I can configure thunderbired and gmail to to use pop3 but yahoo and hotmail need small apllications to run at present.
1)--IS THERE ONE utility that is free that I can use to do the job of ...Hotmail Popper (currently trialware) and Yahoopops.
2)--When mail is downloaded to the computer from each individual email company the times are given but that are several hours out of sync with my computer time .How can I changes this???Does this happen because of servers in other countries
3) when I close (Not Shutdown) my mail client, is there any way to send the application to the task bar so that is does not actually shutdown as I have yet to find that configuration for that.

Regards Toni

Stuartli 17:57 06 Jan 05

If you go to the Thunderbird FAQ section you'll find information about Hotmail and similar e-mail facilities and how to get your messages.

JayDay 18:07 06 Jan 05

To get your Yahoo mail go to Mail Options in Yahoo. Select POP Access & Forwarding. Click on the Web & POP Access button. Hust to the right of that button you will find a link detailing server setting etc.

JayDay 18:09 06 Jan 05

RE your last question you need an extension call minimize to tray click here

When you click on the minimize button it send the app to your tray as the name suggets.

toni b 18:31 06 Jan 05

That last lick was the ideal tool thanks.

Toni

toni b 18:37 06 Jan 05

......The last Link........sorry

Jayday I can not find any reference to pop forwarding ( I am not using the paid version of yahoo.) hence the reason I am using Yahoopops. From my researching I understand that yahoo withdrew there support for free pop forwarding a few years ago and it is only availble with the mail plus service.(at a price)

Regards Toni

octal 18:58 06 Jan 05

You must be using yahoo.com? Because yahoo.co.uk you are still able to use pop3.

toni b 19:14 06 Jan 05

Yes I am using .com will eventually stop using it when google is out of beta phase !

JayDay 19:54 06 Jan 05

The minimize to tray extension works with Firefox as well. Just install it through Firefox extensions.

toni b 20:06 06 Jan 05

The first Link your sent me was perfect for question number 3 thanks

Toni

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…