Thundebird Font Sizes

Noels 17:06 17 Nov 08

I have today gone back to "Thunderbird" but when typing e-mails can only find S M L etc and not 10 12 14 16 20 26 36 etc. Am I missing something because my wife who is to be obayed WANTS, must have (so she says) specific font sizes!
Am I missing something.
Please help
Regards
Noels

DippyGirl 17:27 17 Nov 08

Tools > Options > Display > Formatting > Fonts

mgmcc 19:14 17 Nov 08

<<< Tools > Options > Display > Formatting > Fonts >>>

That actually sets the size in "pixels" rather than the conventional font size of "points", but there is a conversion table at click here

A conventional 12 point font equates to 16 pixels.

mgmcc 19:38 17 Nov 08

Further "playing about" (and I have both Windows and Mac versions of Thunderbird) suggests that the above setting is only for the display of messages within the program; it *DOESN'T* control the font size used in sent messages.

I have found "fonts" to be a real problem because, if I send a message with what looks like a sensible size of text, when I receive a reply quoting my original message, the size can be ridiculously large.

Noels 20:44 17 Nov 08

Her indoors who must be obeyed is out at present but I will show her your explanations. I think she will learn to live with the situation?
Thanks and,
Regards
Noels

Noels 08:28 18 Nov 08

Interesting I think my wife now has it sorted thanks all your suggestions
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…