Thumbs

Condom 23:49 30 Sep 09

And I don't mean the thumbs I seem to have when I'm trying to type. I'm an XP pro user.

I'm trying to install my huge musical collection on to a spare hard drive so I can take it with me on my next safari to the far east. I've had some problems with my front covers changing for no reason that I can think of and initial thoughts appeared to be corrupted thumbs. I've done a few things which appear to have got rid of the corruption (if that makes sense) but at the same time I managed to clear all my front album pictures from the folders and I'm back to the folder which shows 3 or 4 smaller pictures. I now have about 3000 albums to change one by one to display the front covers. I have now noticed that some album files have an icon labelled thumbs whilst others haven't. To cut a very long story short what I am asking is can I safely delete these thumbs files without causing problems. Basically I'm lost and thumbs don't mean much to me.

Graham. 08:28 01 Oct 09

Any help here click here?

Condom 18:31 01 Oct 09

Thanks Graham your referral explained to me in very simple terms what these things were and how to get rid of them if I don't want them. They have been causing me all sorts of problems while I have been trying to put on disk my huge CD collection and as the article said they were also turning up in the weirdest of places.

Perhaps when my collection is fully installed and up to date it might be a good idea to turn them on again for speedy access but in the meantime they are causing mayhem. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac