THUMBPRINT PICTURES IN MICROSOFT WORD

Rabbit's Foot 20:45 12 Jan 06

I WISH TO MAKE UP A DATABASE (e.g. on FLOWERS)AND IN A FIELD AT THE END OF EACH ENTRY I WANT TO PLACE A THUMBNAIL PRINT OF A PICTURE OF THE FLOWER.
CAN I DO THIS, AND IF SO, HOW, PLEASE?

Skills 22:49 12 Jan 06

Hi there you can insert a picture by using the insert | picture | from file through the menus. You'll then be able to resize the image to the required and move it to where you'd like.

For future reference using capitals is considered shouting and can be hard to read.

VoG II 22:57 12 Jan 06

The best way to do this is to create your list in a Table and paste the thumbnail into a cell in the Table. That way everything will be lined-up.

As above, using CAPITALS is not only rude, it is darned hard to read.

Taff™ 01:11 13 Jan 06

As VoG says - create a table in a Word Document first. I would advise you to open another document and save it as "Clip Art - Flowers" - then in the latter import each picture of a flower. Click on (Select) each picture and then right click the picture and select "format picture" "Layout" then "In Front of text" The image will go from Solid black lines with "Handles" - thats one at each corner and the middle positions - to "light" handles in the same positions. Now you can move this picture by dragging it, resizing etc and copying it to the table in the other document.

By the way if you select "Behind Text" - once you have placed it inside the table you cannot reposition it! (Because it`s behind the table - very frustrating!)

Select the individual images and then abandon the mouse and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move them around the page. Hold the "Ctrl" key and use the arrow keys to "nudge" them into position.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant