Thumbnails in PSP8

phil 23:44 29 May 03

I've just upgraded from PSP 7 to the new version 8.

Before when I have made thumbs they have displayed on my website perfectly. Now there is nothing.

The images are saved as .jpg's and are correctly named.

They won't display in Windows preview or in Paint. I just get the message that this format is not supported.

If you want to see for yourself go here, numbers 36 - 53. click here

phil 23:46 29 May 03

That should be click here

jazzypop 00:16 30 May 03

If you right-click one of the newer images, and choose 'Open in new windo', it displays perfectly.

Similarly, 'save as' works fine.

Could it be the scrolling applet that is the culprit?

phil 00:44 30 May 03

Yes, I realised that. What I couldn't understand was the thumbnails not displaying.

I checked and double checked the code and it was all exactly right. When I took a look in the folder on my hard drive where I store the images I noticed that the first 35 PSP 7 thumbs that I did for that slideshow were displayed as Windows type thumbs (this could get confusing!) but the new batch that I did this evening just had the PSP 8 logo.

When I clicked on the earlier ones they opened up in Windows preview. The newer ones opened up the Windows preview but I just had the message 'no image available.

Both types open for editing in PSP 8.

So far PSP 8 has been very buggy and I think this may be the problem. I've tried posting on the JASC forum but it won't let me on now I have PSP 8.

phil 07:37 30 May 03

I've sorted that out now.

Before, when I saved an image it was in the standard compression format now I have PSP8 I thought that I would try out the new lossless compression.

It looks likely that once an image has been saved this way and you then alter it again by reducing the image dimensions that the image information gets corrupted resulting in a thumbnail that can't be read.

Major cock-up by someone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…