Three questions to do with new PC setup

Steven135 19:12 14 Jun 03

One: At present I have an Evesham 14.00 Athlon running on XP Home I have a second hard drive fitted which I use for backups it has 17GB of data on it.

I am giving this machine to my daughter the new machine I have ordered will have 2 120GB HDD's fitted.

My question will it be easy to remove one HD put in my present backup disk and move my files over then return to the original setup?

Two: will I have any problem activating Office XP on the new machine?

Three: I have networked my PC and Laptop using a Lynksis Wireless G Broadband Router. The PC is connected through a 10/100 card. If I transfer this card to the new machine will I just have to run the network wizard to get back on track?

powerless 19:38 14 Jun 03

1) Yes just move the old drive in the new computer and copy the files over. Windows will see the drive, just open her up (in windows) find all of your files and copy them over. It can only be data files, pictures etc. Any programs will have to be reinstalled.

2)If Office XP has already been activated on the old machine then yes you'll have to buy a new copy or contact MS on what to do. If you plan to use Office XP on both machines, you'll have to buy a new copy. If its just on the one machine (the new one) phone MS tell them and they should help. (i think i'm right there)

If you have a laptop and PC only then you are allowed to use office on both with no problem.

3) Not to sure but use the rograms\Accessories\CommunicationsNetwork Setup Wizard to setup a network. (networking isn't my thing.

recap 19:39 14 Jun 03

1, it will be the same process as you did when backing up originally.

2, There should be no problems with Office XP.

3, yes, you will have to run the network wizard again.

Question. Are you networking all your machines?

recap 20:11 14 Jun 03

Sorry Steven135, Powerless is correct on the Office XP question, you will have to buy a new package unless you intend taking it off the old machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…