Three Mobile Broadband Dongle - New software

Border View 16:20 20 May 09

I wondered if anyone else was having problems with the new software from their 3 mobile broadband dongle. This new "update/upgrade" installed inself on my computer and I could not then connect to the internet. Others are saying it takes over your home page. I have uninstalled the software and installed the old from my dongle.

Problem is other than delaying the installtion there is not way to stop it.

Advice and comments would be appreciated.

ronalddonald 16:56 20 May 09

I dont know about the new software, where did you downlaod it from, and is it for the usb ddongle, im still using the old software yet i have had problems while im using google on ie 6. Are you sure its a legitimate download from 3 broadband?

i dowloaded k-meleon from click here and im using that also using yahoo.co.uk as the home page and everything is now working fine now. If it was downloaded from 3 it's something new that im not aware of. im using one of the old dongles that had firewire usb lead and the software is built into the dongle ie from the sim card.

ronalddonald 16:57 20 May 09

other thing i can suggest is contact 3 directly by phone and tell them the problem.

Border View 22:20 20 May 09

Hi ronalddonald. Yes it comes from 3 autoupdates. As I said I uninstalled it and reinstalled from my original dongle. Keeping the update at bay via snooze which last three days at a time. Wondered if anyone else had suffered similar problems

Border View 22:30 20 May 09

For info this is a link to the 3G forum where they discuss this problem. I havent used the suggested solution because I am not quite happy with it. click here

Border View 22:50 02 Jun 09

Have reached to conclusion that whenever it suggests downloading update I put it into snooze for another three days.

Its just great to be home and on o2 landline based broadband. OK for some 2.8 is slow but for me, after 0.8 is grease lightening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now