Thread Titling

bremner 18:23 17 Oct 03

Just a reminder.

"Please ensure that your thread title accurately describes your subject" This is above where you type in the title of a new thread.

There have been a real rash of threads titled in the vain Help!! etc in recent weeks

The reason for an accurate thread title is so that the subject can easily be searched.

So pleeeeeeeeeease can we have no more 'Help':)

VoG II 18:42 17 Oct 03

Good point bremner.

rev.bem 18:45 17 Oct 03

Ooh! :0)

bremner 16:06 18 Oct 03

bump

Proxy Worm 16:14 18 Oct 03

PEOPLE GET OVER EXCITED...:-)

Djohn 16:37 18 Oct 03

I agree. I don't really mind what the heading is, I'll always have a look to see if I can help. But as you say, we need an accurate title to help with the search engine for future use. j.

pj123 16:53 18 Oct 03

It's a good point, and has been voiced many times before but some people don't know what the problem is. They just need Help!. It's rather like someone who drives a car but doesn't know how to put petrol in. They say, Help! and then go on to say How do I put petrol in my car. Why couldn't they have said that as the title, who knows!. I, like djohn, read them all anyway.

wee eddie 21:54 18 Oct 03

wee eddie 21:58 18 Oct 03

Sorry about that - trying to type at speed - hit the wrong key.

1. The Precis of problem.

2. Teaser

If the second is half decent, it will provide a wider response, but not necessarily the one you are after. Also it will not really be any use to those who are trying to follow threads at a later date.

keenan 22:17 18 Oct 03

with 19 threads click here
....mmmmmm??

bremner 13:37 21 Dec 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5