Thread Problems

It's Me 15:58 24 Jul 04

I hesitate to ask these 4 questions, because I am sure that most people here have known the answers since birth. Anyway it'll give 'em a laugh. But I really don't know and I can't seem to find out, so here goes:-
1) I notice a use of Bold lettering in some answers, how is that done ?
2) How do you get the euro sign? One gentleman, or is it lady for you never (quite properly mind you)can tell even uses it in his name here.
3)I'm not the best of spellers,is there a spell check available somehow?
4) How do you create a link to a web site (which says 'click here' in blue)?

Djohn 16:11 24 Jul 04

1)Type the first line in the title box for bold as I have done with your name.

2)Alt/Gr key to the right of the space barand the number 4 key. € as in €dstowe.

3) IE spell . com will give an icon to your explorer toolbar and also work from the right click of your mouse. click here

4) to create a blue link, type in or copy the URL to the message box and when you post it will change to a link. EG: www . google .com but without the spaces will come out like this. click here

Your not daft, we have all had to learn this along the way. :o)

Regards j.

Valvegrid 16:14 24 Jul 04

as you see above is in the title.

For spelling:

If you are using Internet Explorer: click here

This little program will work with anything: click here

Alternatively, the Opera browser has its own spell check: click here

To enter the click here links, you just type in the web site address and the PCA server helpfully converts them into click here's.

One way of entering special characters is to use the Character map in Windows and cut and paste them on the site, there are other ways which are a bit more complicated.

Don't worry about those questions, they're perfectly valid.

Good luck hope you enjoy yourself.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:19 24 Jul 04

'I'm not the best of spellers,is there a spell check available somehow'...iespell, a freebie at click here

'How do you create a link to a web site' all you have to do is type in or copy n'paste the web address and it will automatically appear as a blue linky.

'I notice a use of Bold lettering in some answers, how is that done' is only available in the thread title part of your reply and even if you have [B]HTML coding skillz ;-))[/B] you cannot bold the main part of your reply.

'How do you get the euro sign?'....type ctr+alt+e

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:21 24 Jul 04

So we are all agreed then?

Djohn 16:27 24 Jul 04

Is this a first? ;o)

Valvegrid 16:33 24 Jul 04

One other little tip about the forum, I you think your question has been answered you should put a little tick in the box indicating the thread has been resolved.

woodchip 16:38 24 Jul 04

I did it but you need to be a Octupus to do it on this laptop €

Djohn 17:18 24 Jul 04

I was in another thread checking my ports! ;o)

end 17:37 24 Jul 04

while we are on the subject of "asking questions" that may have "obvious answers", can someone help me out with....

a list of what the abreviations used on the forum mean
(e.g. I presume that ttfn is "ta ta for now")

( and for "Its Me"...I am one of those members whose identity and gender will remain unknown (except of course to FE ); all I will "admit "to is being "medically-minded")( and some of the abreviations we use at work in my field leave ME guessing !!!! it sometimes amazes me what the initials ACTUALLY " stand for"....anacronyms are all very well, but we need to be " speaking from the same text-book".....)

Djohn 17:42 24 Jul 04

click here and click here will keep you going for a while. ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…