Thoughts on These two Modems/Routers

allstar 18:29 23 Jun 04

Hi

I am considering purchasing a combined ADSL modem/router.

I have shortlisted the following 2, but am open to other suggestions.

They are the Netgear DG632 and the netgear DG834G

Please pass comment on which you think is best. It is to be used at home for an internet connection for 2 pc's and occasionally for a laptop.

Regards

Crosers 22:18 23 Jun 04

I too had decided to go for a Netgear DG834G, but on reaching PC world they had an offer on the Belkin F5D7630uk4A.

So I went for that along with a wireless card for No 2 PC.

Took a little bit of setting up as No 1 PC on XP and No 2 on ME. But I have no issues at all. The modem/router is only connected wirelessly, both file, printer and internet sharing works well, bit of messing about with Zonealarm to allow it to see the network, but firewall on Belkin seems pretty tight.

allstar 22:22 23 Jun 04

Crosers

Thanks for the reply. I will investigate the Belkin.

byfordr 09:22 24 Jun 04

Have a sniff around recently there was a offer for the DG834G and a wireless adapter for around £90. Some places have stopped doing it, but you may be lucky.

R

allstar 18:11 24 Jun 04

byfordr

Thanks for the tip. will keep my eyes peeled.

MartinT-B 19:08 24 Jun 04

DG834G + Usb Wireless

click here from dabs @£99.99 + $5.00 delivery

http:// click here? action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=61948&_LOC=UK From Ebuyer (copy/paste remove gaps after the // and the ?) £96.34 + £5.00 delivery

click here for other options from Kelkoo

MartinT-B 19:11 24 Jun 04

I hate the linking system on these boards - for the forum to a best selling PC advisory magazine it is a disgrace!

Ignore 2nd attempt at a link and just use the 3rd.

allstar 21:21 25 Jun 04

MartinT-B

Thanks for the link. I think that the dabs offer has swung it in favour of the DG834G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…