Thomson st585 router

kingussie 11:49 20 Jan 10

My router does not work on wireless but is fine on a cable connection. The Thomson website is hopeless and on-line help doesn't. When searching for my wireless signal none is available. Sometimes it works then it disappears even if I switch off and on again

kingussie 11:51 20 Jan 10

Both wlan and Internet lights are off on the router

folsom 12:03 20 Jan 10

If your using XP, go into wireless connections via control panel and make sure wireless connection is enabled

I am Spartacus 12:08 20 Jan 10

To add to Folsom's suggestion also check that the SSID is being broadcast.

kingussie 12:09 20 Jan 10

sorry Its not on my PC that I need wifi but on others in the room plus my iphone

kingussie 12:11 20 Jan 10

sorry controlpanel does not have wireless connections only wireless wizard

kingussie 12:15 20 Jan 10

how do i check ssid is being broadcast pleas and where do I find SSID

I am Spartacus 12:25 20 Jan 10

I'm not using mine at the moment but it's in the configuration options for Wireless. It's covered in section 2.2.2 of the manual.

kingussie 12:46 20 Jan 10

Found it Interface enabled was turned off !! Why would that happen as nothing I have done allowed that to occur ??!

I am Spartacus 12:55 20 Jan 10

The default is normally to have it switched on. Note that the security settings will probably be turned off and 'registration' will be allowed automatically.

Also it's sometimes worth changing the broadcast channel from its default to reduce interference from other nearby wireless networks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…