Thomson Speedtouch 576

chrish2114 11:40 22 Apr 07

Hi,

I've bought this router second hand, wanting to run Tiscali broadband on it. I don't have the installation cd and can only find installation stuff for AOL on the speedtouch website.

Any ideas where I can get it? Or if the AOL installation will work with Tiscali?

rodriguez 12:15 22 Apr 07

You shouldn't need the installation CD, it should just connect to Tiscali and put you online. Plug it in with the Ethernet cable and click here to bring up the config page. If it asks for a username and password, they are both blank by default. In the main screen, there should be a section called Broadband Connection. Press the Connect button and see if it connects. You might also need your connection username and password, but Tiscali should have sent you these if you need them.

six-h 17:30 22 Apr 07

I'm a complete novice, and I to am struggling with a speedtouch,- the 585v6 wireless router, bought 2nd hand from dsl-Depot, no RJ45 lead, but have an installation disk. during setup I got terribly confused and have a feeling that windows finally achieved connection, but along the way someone told me to enter "192.168.1.254" into my browser, dont know if this will help you to get pertinent instruction but try it and see!

six-h 17:34 22 Apr 07

Just remembered, this site will ask you for a username and password. I am informed by old hands, that the user name should be "Administrator" and the password left blank.
Good Luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017