Thompson TG58-v7

onthelimit1 10:21 29 Apr 12

I've been using this router for years with no problem. Now, after a break in the broadband service, it does not reconnect automatically - I have to go into the router pages, select BB and click connect. Anyone any experience of this please?

Batch 11:43 29 Apr 12

I've just had a gander around mine - supplied by PlusNet and restricted (by firmware) to Plusnet settings. I can't find any way to change the reconnect mode. I have to say that I find the organisation of the information and menus on this router incredibly frustrating as well as the limited functionality being a niggle (particularly the very limited management facilities for wireless). But for some reason it is noticeably faster than my 3com routers, so I stick with it.

onthelimit1 12:13 29 Apr 12

Sorry, missed a number - should be 585. Yes, I find it pretty quick, but can't understand why it's suddenly started doing this. Incidentally, after the first occurrence, i phone the ISP, and they told me to change the user name to a 'bttest[email protected]_domain'. I didn't get as far as doing that, as I saw the 'connect' button on the first page I went to. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

spuds 12:54 29 Apr 12

I cannot help you much on the problem, but a few months ago, I did some searching about routers, and in the main Thomson was suppose to have the 'better' chipset, compared to some other brands. It was more noticeable for better service, and especially on LLU exchanges.

If you ever want information on broadband, I find this website and the links on the website very useful http://www.kitz.co.uk/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now