Third DVD drive installation

Aquarrian 15:43 08 Feb 06

Hi. I have a CD rewriter and a DVD rewriter installed. I removed my DVD Rom drive to install the rewriter. Unfortunately I cannot now do a DVD to DVD copy. Is it possible to install this DVD Rom as a third drive. Is ribbon cable made with the extra connection to do this? Could I get a connector to split in to two connections to power two drives. Would this be feasable? Any help would be appreciated.
Terry

pj123 16:29 08 Feb 06

Your best bet would be to take out the CD rewriter and replace it with the DVD rom drive as a slave. A DVD rewriter will also write to CDs, so you don't need a CD rewriter and a DVD rewriter.

xania 16:45 08 Feb 06

You can have up to 4 IDE devices in your system - 2 on each cable. Your Hard disk is the master on IDE0 and, presumably, your CD & DVD are master and slave on IDE1. So you could quite easily put your old DVD on IDE0 as slave and you've got what you want.

Aquarrian 18:01 08 Feb 06

Hi Xania.
Thanks. I am using a slave hard disk on IDE0 hence the reason for the cable.

SANTOS7 18:05 08 Feb 06

I'm with pj123 seems a lot simpler just to swap CD writer for CD rom may also be less conflict.....

Bagsey 19:37 08 Feb 06

Have you thought of a USB DVD Writer.Have a look at
click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:38 08 Feb 06

People have been doing disc copies with only one drive since they were invented, it just takes a bit longer than "on the fly". I think you get a more reliable burn not using this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…