Rachel-289196 22:28 13 Jan 05

I have just got an IBM Thinkpad 600E laptop with DVD player running on Windows 98. It has got DVD Express installed but I am having problems playing all DVD movies as it says it is for the wrong region. However, it does play some movies which are also Region 2 (mostly free ones from newspapers). I have also loaded Realplayer 10 but this says the problem is with the decoder. Does anyone have any advice as to what I need to do to enable me to play all movies. I have tried a couple of Region Free program downloads but no good. I also saw something about the ASPI layer needing updating so loaded Force ASPI but that seemed to cause more problems so I uninstalled that.

hugh-265156 01:24 14 Jan 05

read this click here

try another player maybe click here powerdvd is the best in my opinion click here

Rachel-289196 10:46 14 Jan 05

Thanks Huggyg71 for this especially the info on DVD Express. It does look as if that is the culprit being region locked. I have tried my copy of Power DVD which I have on my desktop but I got a file error. I think that could be that the version (for XP) is too new for Windows 98. I will see if I can get hold of one that is suitable. I was a bit confused as to whether the DVD Drive (Toshiba) was at fault or whether it was a software problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:19 14 Jan 05

half way down page unlock + make region free

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…