ThinkPad 600 keyboard layout

Chris the Ancient 10:23 26 Jan 04

I have a nice second-user ThinkPad 600 for work in the car. I got it from LaptopShop and have had good service from them over it.

But... (that dreaded word)

It has a US keyboard and I would prefer a UK one.

I know I can prise off the key 'tops' and put different ones on - but where can the common everyday man get them? Can't find anything like it in Google apart from buying a whole keyboard (from America?)

Is there a great resting place in the sky where redundant laptops go to die? A friend gave me an old and very dead ThinkPad 2628. The keyboard looks identical. But, the key 'tops' have a completely different fixing! (I can't use the keyboard from that lappie because it is disfunctional.)

Any ideas on how to find the tops for a TP600 would be gratefully read and followed up - but probably not until this evening (latish) when I get back home.

Chris the Ancient 15:17 26 Jan 04

bump before I have to go out again...

johnnyrocker 15:20 26 Jan 04

cant it be reconfugured in regional settings in control panel?

Chris the Ancient 15:29 26 Jan 04

Yup. It's configured to be UK, but there are times when I can't remember that it's <shift> + F3 for the pound sign - especially when the keyboard says that should be the hash sign!

Hence the desire for a keyboard that reflects life.

ps now I *must* go out ;o)

Chris the Ancient 18:57 26 Jan 04

I'm home now - so able to keep up to date with the thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…