Thinking of updating MS Office Pro XP (2002)

wee eddie 20:51 PM 11 Apr 11

to the latest version, Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business. I no longer need Access and can do without Publisher

My question is: do I leave to old version of Office on the PC or delete it, before installing the latest version.

I keep a regular backup of the .pst Folder and will be importing that into the new Version.

sunnystaines 21:04 PM 11 Apr 11

I would say depends on the disc you buy if its upgrade leave xp office in place for full version does not matter

wee eddie 21:08 PM 11 Apr 11

I am told the there is no Up-grade Path to 2010 so I shall have to pay the full crack, even though I only need Outlook, Word and Excel.

Woolwell 21:11 PM 11 Apr 11

I have had different versions of Office on my system in the past eg Word 2007 and Publisher 2003.

You're right there isn't an upgrade path for 2010 which is why I'm not getting it at the moment (too expensive).

wee eddie 21:16 PM 11 Apr 11

I might just wait until I get a new PC in 2014, (The end of support for Windows XP) but my Accountant keeps suggesting that I update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016