120GB hard drive
ATI radeon 9500 graphics card 128mb memory
52/34/52 cd rewriter
DVD rom
floppy drive
4 USB ports
56K built in modem
digital adaptor for a TFT screen
it has video sockets not sure exactly what they are called but I do have all the necessary cables for video.
it has 5 months left on the warranty which is onsite I need to find out if that is transferrable.
can anyone give me an idea of what its worth I am thinking of putting it on ebay and advertisng it in local newsagents loot, quids in, etc

ARTY DAN

Stuartli 12:46 11 Dec 05

It is worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it, so a definititve figure is difficult to ascertain, especially as similar systems can be acquired new for around £220-250.

Try advertising it in your local newspaper (the free versions may take ads for nothing) or shop windows at a figure which is higher than you may have in mind and be prepared to negotiate with potential buyers.

This should hopefully bring in something of the sum you have in mind but don't set the price too high or you may not get anyone along who is interested.

With Christmas coming up many parents might decide it's a low cost way of getting a useful system for their offspring.

Stuartli 12:47 11 Dec 05

Have you thought of updating key components as it could prove cheaper than a new one overall?

nar 12:51 11 Dec 05

Same as Stuartli remove certain components such as the cd drives keep the tft monitor, list the rest on ebay and upgrade your mobo,proc,mem and graphics card. You can also keep the hdd as that should be big enough. This will save you a lot of time and money. Your can get barebones systems and just fill it out with the stuff you already have.

Stuartli 12:57 11 Dec 05

With respect, you shouldn't really need to get a barebones system as the existing case should be OK.

I would also keep the CD drives and add a DVD rewriter (about £30) and use the CD versions for installing software, playing audio CDs etc and save the DVD rewriter purely for burning CDs or DVDs; rewriters are much less robust than a basic ROM drive so keeping them just for burning will enhance life span.

spuds 13:05 11 Dec 05

There is a Computer magazine that comes out every Friday, solely for buying and selling computer stuff. Might pay to get a copy and check for some prices in that.

SG Atlantis® 13:13 11 Dec 05

I sold.

Athlon 3200+
1gig RAM
160gb hdd.
MSI platinum mobo
5700le 128mb gfx card
2 dvd rewiters installed.
TV card
17inch tft.
and a C66 printer for £400 plus there was 3 months left of the warranty. That was four months ago.

My guess is about £200.

ARTY DAN 08:27 12 Dec 05

I have an evesham axis, I bought it in May 2003

I have a 19" CRT monitor but won't be selling that it is excellent

P.C. SPECIFICATION

AMD ATHLON 2700+ processor
512MB memory PC 2700
120GB hard drive
ATI radeon 9500 graphics card 128mb memory
52/34/52 cd rewriter
DVD rom, I have recently bought and installed a dvd rewriter and didn't really want to sell that with the p.c.
but I guess I could add the cost of that on and the p.c. would be more sellable. It is a good drive any advice whether to keep it or add it on.
floppy drive
4 USB ports
56K built in modem
digital adaptor for a TFT screen
it has video sockets not sure exactly what they are called but I do have all the necessary cables for video.
it has 5 months left on the warranty which is onsite I need to find out if that is transferrable.
can anyone give me an idea of what its worth I am thinking of putting it on ebay and advertisng it in local newsagents loot, quids in, etc

ARTY DAN

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…