Think your safe with a different browser

stalion 20:56 26 Oct 04

Several Web browsers are afflicted with a dialog box security vulnerability which can be exploited by malicious web sites to spoof dialog boxes
Firefox, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape and Opera are affected by the flaw, where inactive windows can launch dialog boxes so they appear to be displayed by a website in another window or tab. This can be exploited by a malicious site to show a dialog box, which seems to originate from a trusted site.

Successful exploitation would normally require that a user is tricked into opening a link from a malicious web site to a trusted web site in a new window.

click here
click here
click here

stalion 22:09 26 Oct 04

woodchip 22:24 26 Oct 04

And they are still safer than IE

stalion 22:28 26 Oct 04

have posted so that whatever browser you are useing you are aware of this possibility I am not comparing browsers

woodchip 22:55 26 Oct 04

Yes I am aware of it as I read a news letter the other day from Zdnet. No offence meant

Pesala 23:50 26 Oct 04

click here

Opera 7.60 Preview 2 now available click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…