think thier is problem with graphics card

karl1483 22:25 05 Aug 04

working happily away all of a sudden get blue screen of death with following message "device got stuck in an infinate loop,this usualy indictes a problem with device or driver"
stop 0x0000000ea(oxff7fa598,ox82c8e4/8,oxf8aedcb4:0x0000000/
begining dump of physical memory.
also had problem with vpu recover on ATI 9800 pro graphics card at same time i dont know if this is linked or not.
i have looked at event viewer for some clues only problem i seem to have is with something called TCPIP tried to look into it but no joy.i have an athlon 2600 with 512 ddr and running win xp home edition(oem version)tried microsoft support but cause it oem cant use it.any clues greatly apreciated

woodchip 22:47 05 Aug 04

Have you loaded latest Ati drivers

karl1483 22:50 05 Aug 04

i have a few days ago i have been having this problem for a while,but thanks i was hoping someone may now what all the numbers meant.ta

Chegs ® 23:03 05 Aug 04

It can be caused by a few things.Inconsistencies with the RAM's performance(caused by the warmer weather/just cos it feels like acting up)warmer CPU,heat in practically any component of the machine.Conflicts with drivers,the driver gets damaged and the fragments of data get returned to another drivers files causing weird behaviour(normally stable systems start crashing for no obvious reasons)Mine presently is acting up due to a "Device Driver" according to M$ Help,I have checked the Updates at the MFG website,but still this occurs after installing any updates I find for the devices in my PC.Ati drivers are meant to be a tad finicky,can you try an older(more stable?) driver?

helmetshine 01:38 06 Aug 04

When i first got my 9800 pro i suffered from a few random crashes,all with vpu recovery,i turned it off and have had no problems since.Might be worth a try for you as well

karl1483 21:15 06 Aug 04

thanks to all those who replied tried a few of your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…