things that load on start up

havent a clue 15:34 10 Oct 03

these thing that load how can l find out what they are. this is just some.PPWEBCAP,TKBELLEXE,HIDESERV,SSDPSRV,STILLIMAGEMONITOR,EIWT.CAN ANYONE HELP.

VoG II 15:39 10 Oct 03
  johnnyrocker 15:40 10 Oct 03

your best bet is to run a google search. or visit click here

cheers.

johnny

skeletal 15:40 10 Oct 03

Try click here it is an interesting site that talks about Windows components. I have turned off about 15 processes myself!

Skeletal

JIM 15:53 10 Oct 03

havent a clue, Not a wind up is it?

PPWEBCAP/ PPWebCap.exe (Visioneer Inc.)

System Tray icon which brings up the Visioneer ScanSoft software that gets installed with some of the Visioneer PaperPort scanners.

Recommendation :
Down to end-user preference. For instance, if you use third-party software (MS Photo Editor, Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, etc?) rather than the Visioneer ScanSoft program to scan with your PaperPort scanner, then disable this icon with Startup Manager.

1. Task List Programs
EVENTMGR with Startup Manager. Evntsvc TkBellExe Realsched Evntsvc.exe or Realsched.exe (Real Networks) Real ... ME this task shows as TKBELLEXE, and as EVNTSVC under Windows 2000/XP or
click here

2. Task List Programs
then Immediately disable T G C M D using Starter ! TkBellExe Evntsvc.exe (Real Networks) Read EVNTSVC for full details. Tkonnect TKonnect.exe (Tiscali.co.uk) Straight from the
click here

HIDESERV HIDServ.exe (Microsoft)

Microsoft?s Human Interface Device Audio Service for Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP. This background service is entirely to do with USB and provides support for Audio devices attached to your USB ports, and for Audio controls operating through a USB connection. This process will typically be needed if you run a multimedia USB keyboard where you can control volume and other audio aspects, or if you use a USB gaming joystick which gives you the power to control the audio aspects of your PC.

Recommendation :
If you do not use any of the above, disable using Startup Manager, then test that your PC is running fine. In Win98SE/ME/2000 disabling it should not cause you any problems ? we have however experienced one or two problems disabling this service under Windows XP.

Your Search Results
Found 1 items, now showing 1 - 1 search tips site map

<< Prev | Next >> NewRefine
1. Task List Programs
SQL and restart it. Ssdpsrv SSDPSRV.exe (Microsoft) Part of Windows Millennium Edition ... Remove Programs \ Windows Setup". SSDPSRV provides Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP

1. Task List Programs
safe running of your Windows ME PC leave alone. Stimon StillImageMonitor Stimon.exe (Microsoft) Windows 98/ME s Still Image Monitor. Still Image Monitor is a tool which is
click here

EIWT.CAN =No pages were found that match your query.
Please check the search tips and try another search. :)

havent a clue 13:36 12 Oct 03

l must thank all of u. the advice l was given really helped me.thanks a lot 2 u all.

The Sack 14:07 12 Oct 03

click here

for start up apps rather than services

The Sack 14:07 12 Oct 03

ignore that its been posted :-D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…