Things appearing and strange goings on.

bellyshere 15:06 30 Jun 03

First off. Pictures that i haven't downloaded keep appearing on my folders. For example, on an mp3 folder which contained a track by matthews southern comfort, a picture appeared of the band on the folder. The folder was previously just plain. I have never downloaded this picture and i can't find it anywhere else on my c drive. Also i cant get rid of the thumbnail picture, unless i delete the folder.
Also in certain folders if i click on properties, it says that i,ve got say 15 files in the folder. When in reality there appears to be only five. What the f*$& is going on. Have i been hacked and soneone is taking the *!@:?

leo49 15:21 30 Jun 03

IF you're using Media Player, check your Options under Tools - there are various settings to retrieve music info,cover pics,etc from the Web.

Can't be more precise as I've never used it.

Regards

DieSse 16:38 30 Jun 03

There are clearly some hidden files in the folder - If you change the Explorer View options to show hidden files, you'll probably see the downloadaed pictures.

In Explorer - go to Tools - Folder Options - View tab - and search amongst the option boxes.

Brisixty 17:27 30 Jun 03

May I suggest a system Virus Scan. Is your Antivirus software up to date?
Just a thought......!

Cheers.

bellyshere 19:21 30 Jun 03

Thanks found the hidden files. Don't know where they came from though.

barrie_g 19:33 30 Jun 03

album art is often part of the mp3 when you download from the net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017