Things appearing and strange goings on.

bellyshere 15:06 30 Jun 03

First off. Pictures that i haven't downloaded keep appearing on my folders. For example, on an mp3 folder which contained a track by matthews southern comfort, a picture appeared of the band on the folder. The folder was previously just plain. I have never downloaded this picture and i can't find it anywhere else on my c drive. Also i cant get rid of the thumbnail picture, unless i delete the folder.
Also in certain folders if i click on properties, it says that i,ve got say 15 files in the folder. When in reality there appears to be only five. What the f*$& is going on. Have i been hacked and soneone is taking the *!@:?

leo49 15:21 30 Jun 03

IF you're using Media Player, check your Options under Tools - there are various settings to retrieve music info,cover pics,etc from the Web.

Can't be more precise as I've never used it.

Regards

DieSse 16:38 30 Jun 03

There are clearly some hidden files in the folder - If you change the Explorer View options to show hidden files, you'll probably see the downloadaed pictures.

In Explorer - go to Tools - Folder Options - View tab - and search amongst the option boxes.

Brisixty 17:27 30 Jun 03

May I suggest a system Virus Scan. Is your Antivirus software up to date?
Just a thought......!

Cheers.

bellyshere 19:21 30 Jun 03

Thanks found the hidden files. Don't know where they came from though.

barrie_g 19:33 30 Jun 03

album art is often part of the mp3 when you download from the net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…